Sunday, April 20, 2014

MAC prep + prime CC colour correcting compact in neutralize (yellow)






Last month I received a gift certificate from MAC. Since my make up collection is quite full, I tried to go for something I might almost need. I actually only own two setting powder, which is the category of product I have the least of (with brow fillers). Both of my current setting powder were in the loose form. I went to MAC thinking that I would go with the mineralize skin finish natural, but MAC is currently out of the color light plus since they are redoing the packaging. I wanted a powder that was pressed and yellow toned so I went with their new prep + prime CC colour correcting compact in the color neutralize.

The new range includes, primers, loose powder and pressed powder available in four shade for different color correcting needs. The pressed compact contains 8g of products and retails for 21.50 euros. This is not a talc based powder and the first ingredient is zinc stearate.  The powder feels quite lightweight and dry, which I like since it doesn't cake up. 

To test the actual color correcting ability of the powder I put it on top of a too pink foundation:

As you can see in the first picture my face is too pink compared to my neck and chest. After the powder my face looks more neutral (the cakiness is due to the foundation the powder doesn't cake up). The effect is quite subtle so you don't have to worry that you will end up looking jaundiced. When I use this powder in combination with MAC fix + setting spray I have a nice glow to my skin.

I think this is quite a good powder for slightly dry to slightly oily skin. I recommend trying it out in this shade if you have moderate redness or you need to finish up too pink foundations like I do! The powder also doesn't oxidize and I do not need to touch it up (but I can also easily go without powder).



12 comments:

  1. This creates a beautiful difference in color. I see why you bought it! I might just have to look into it just for the sake of my cheeks. Or do you recommend something better for specifically-targeted redness?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, definitely have a go at it.. test it out in a store.. and see how it works for you :) *curious*

    ReplyDelete
  3. They do, both loose and pressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! Never knew CC products came in powder form.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe! Or maybe buy a color adjuster that you can mix with your foundation? Professionnal makeup brands do some. I like the website camera ready cosmetics for that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know, I've tried MAC and Smashbox, still not yellow enough :-( Maybe Bobbi Brown then?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, I'm glad to be back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice, let me know how it turns out! Smashbox, Bobbi brown and MAC makessome pretty good foundations that are yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the collection is quite nice! I think the yellow is most versatile of the bunch it can be used on pale skin tones to correct or medium-dark skin tones to brighten.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Judith, I can definitely see some color-correcting here! I think the idea of this collection is interesting, but I haven't tried anything yet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My face always looks too pink compared to my neck because I haven't found a foundation that is yellow enough for me. I might give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  12. HarcrazyforcosmeticsMay 16, 2014 at 4:07 PM

    Good to see u back Judith.. seems a good product for people who have redness..

    ReplyDelete